Start Date: July 2019
Resolute was contracted to supply project management, electrical, mechanical, structural and process engineering services to provide:
- Operability enhancements to increase the number of meters calibrated per day, including an overhead bridge crane, rail transfer system and automation of isolation and purge valves.
- System improvements include nitrogen purge complete with operating procedures, upgraded instrument air package and upgraded gas re-compressor to inject calibration gas back into the sales line.
- Design and installation of upgraded electrical service and a new MCC/PDC skid.
- Construction management – on site and home office support.
- Overhead Bridge Crane to enhance material handling.
- Specify MCC/PDC and transformer.
- Procurement and material specification.
- Electrical classification drawings, one line drawings, cable and conduit specification, layout and detail drawings.
- Instrumentation and Electrical design for gas and fire detection systems.
- Process engineering, including Process and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID), purge system for purging calibration test sections to nitrogen from gas, to nitrogen from air and from nitrogen to gas.
- Develop welding procedures.
- Gap analysis for third party specifications against industry standards.
- The Resolute Engineering team leveraged their extensive operations engineering experience with a flexible approach to provide lean engineering solutions, while generating minimal drawings to complete the various phases of the project. For example, Resolute created a 3D model from Trimble scan data to use as a design basis and for the creation of piping, electrical and structural drawings.